Wednesday, December 5, 2012

'Compelli-fying' My Personal Brand

What is compelling? I feel like that word could potentially have so many meanings, differing from person to person.

For me, it's to draw others towards something worth their time. And in this situation, that something is my personal brand, SportRoom

The first thing I thought of doing that could "compellify" my Facebook site is to begin posting videos. Videos are always a better way of drawing an audience towards the point of focus.



I also began using a promotional tool, titled "Event of the Night". From now on I am going to post about one of the better sporting events going on each day. Seeing as there are so many games, matches, and meetings per day in the wonderful world of sports, i'll try to use variety.

In my post for today's Event of the Night, I linked the names of each team team to their respective Facebook pages. This will give incentive to check out my page while also promoting traffic to the pages of both the Denver Nuggets and the Atlanta Hawks.

The final touch of compelling additions to my page was an enlarged image, serving as somewhat of a background. On Facebook, its called a Cover Page seeing as it is the first image viewers will see when visiting the site.

What could be a better opening image for a sports site?

No comments:

Post a Comment