Monday, November 26, 2012

Target Audience, Where Are You?

Addressing your target audience is not the easiest of tasks when creating a blog or forum. Some people are blessed with creativity that could win awards, while others seem to be just plain lucky.

Like beauty, I believe creativity is in the eye of the beholder, or whatever that saying is. And I'm not one to wait for a lucky break; in this industry one must make things happen.

As of now, my personal brand plan is being executed through Facebook, which I know is becoming more and more cliche. But I feel as if this is the best way to really carve out my target audience.

Facebook is without a doubt the most popular of all social media outlets, so that is why I chose it as my first way of reaching out to my audience. I want to "befriend" as many people as possible, so that I can see who really uses the site to discuss sports and who added it just to accumulate friends. With that, I do realize that Twitter is beginning to eclipse Facebook.

Many people I know claim that they've "graduated" from Facebook to Twitter, claiming the latter is a lot more mature and to the point. I think my next step is to move on to Twitter, being that I think most people are a part of at least one of those networks, if not both.

Another idea I have for reaching my target audience can be done on both Twitter and Facebook. There are pages on both sites that concentrate on a single team or player, such as the NY Giants' Twitter feed and Oscar de la Hoya's Facebook page. If I can advertise on these pages, I am sure I can make the name SportRoom be known to all fans.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick,

    Thank you for your post. It is very well written - short paragraphs, good grammar, appropriate class blog style. Move your image to the top left corner and make it smaller.

    Now onto your actual strategies. I don't understand them. First of all, please redescribe what your personal brand is and what you are trying to accomplish (this is so that the post stands on its own and that we don't have to go back to previous posts).

    Second, I don't understand what you are actually doing to connect with your target audience (or who they actually are). Advertise? Friend people on Facebook? Not exactly sure what that means.

    Thanks,
    Perri

    ReplyDelete