Monday, September 24, 2012

Can you Digg it?

I have literally signed up for every possible social media outlet tool available... or so I thought.

Digg.com has been mentioned a couple of times to me but I never thought much of it. Like many college students, my news comes from Facebook, Twitter and TMZ, with the occasional skimming of NYTimes or WSJ.

But Digg has created an easy way of having all note-worthy stories compiled and placed in one spot. According to wikipedia, "Digg is a social news website. It allows people to vote web content up or down, called digging and burying, respectively."

My job requires me to stay up-to-date on all news from musical trends to the stock market and Digg.com makes this all simple with one page!

I think this is genius, surely there are other websites that follow this format but Digg.com makes it effortless to catch up on news stories. I signed up via Facebook, which means that I didnt even need to input any of my information as it was all taken from Facebook, with my permission of course.

I love the simplicity of the site and the fact that every story is worth reading, regardless of the genre. Each story that is chosen has a link to the original source.

I would defintely recommend that you go register for Digg.com. Make sure you let others know if you digg the story or if it should be buried!

Estefania Leon

2 comments:

  1. This is a great post. Well done. Don't forget to link to Digg wherever possible ... and even some of the articles that you like.

    ReplyDelete