Monday, September 17, 2012

Goodbye Microsoft Word and Hello Blogspot!

Traditional methods of handing in your homework have officially been left in the dust, as for this class we will be blogging!! Without a doubt I can say I think it is a great idea! Blogging for a class like social media does not only make sense because of the topic of the course but it will get students to understand  what blogging is all about and also give us a chance to try it firsthand. Most courses at Kean we sit in a class room for three months with people we barely know when we first enter the classroom at the beginning of the semester and still do not know by the time it is completed. But by using a blog we can get to know each other and what makes each of us unique through the style of our writing, the content of our message and our response to others.

As for my personal brand, that is a mystery that I have not yet solved. I am working as a full time personal and commercial insurance sales producer during the week day, student two days night, and pizzeria owner on select nights during the week and all through weekend. I hope by using this blog I will begin to filter through the many hats I wear and be able to promote myself in a manner I feel explains “me” and sets me aside from all the other hard working people that surround me.



I follow two blogs religiously; glitter guide and gawkerverse. But of the two I have been following glitter guide for almost a year now and I can say I truly have not been bored of its content in the least bit. I use it purely for my personal interest when I have free time to unwind and get lost in the blogs content. Do not let its overly feminine name fool you, it is not about lolly pops and roses but rather things that girls normally question and never have answers too. Things such as tips on entertaining do it yourself projects, music and gift buying.  This blog is not for everyone but definitely can entertain me for hours!

-Dionna Spina

2 comments:

  1. Dionna,
    Thank you for your blog post. I really like your headline. Very catchy and something that attracted me to read yours first. Also, I like your story-telling story of writing (excellent).

    A few things to consider:

    1. How can you make this easier to read?
    2. How can you back up your points with some research or facts?
    3. How can you connect this blog post to other sites to drive traffic? Or build your brand / reputation?

    Thanks! Perrio

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Perri, Awesome title! I also agree that lectures are getting old, this is a much better way to understand the logic in what social media can entail. Definitely a better way to learn!

    Manny

    ReplyDelete