Sunday, September 23, 2012

I'm Finally Linkedin

When we were assigned to join a social media tool that we were not using, I knew that it was time to do something that I have been meaning to do, join Linkedin.

Linkedin is a website for business professionals to meet and keep in touch with other business professionals and do things such as find and list jobs, as well as follow different companies and get breaking news from the business world.

I have been meaning to join this website for awhile now, but was thwarted by the fact that none of my connections(friends) use or know how to use Linkedin, but I decided that if I wanted to be involved in the business world I would have to create an account.

The first thing I did when I joined Linkedin was upload my resume to my profile. Once my resume finished uploading I started to look for connections and companies that I could see myself working or interning for. I wasn’t able to find a lot of connections at first, but I am sure that the more I use this social media tool the more successful I will become in finding a company or hiring manager willing to give me an opportunity, which is all I’m asking for.

If you are a business student and do not have a Linkedin account (like myself before the other day), I strongly recommend that you do start one.

There is no other social media tool on the internet that can successfully help students connect to companies, and find a job upon graduation better than Linkedin.

So what are you waiting for become Linkedin,


 Connect with me @     www.linkedin.com/pub/michael-petruzzella/9/647/5a


1 comment:

  1. Michael,
    Thank you for the post! I agree that LinkedIn is a great site for networking. Also, it improves your "Google-ability." Have you tried googling yourself to see what comes up.

    This is well written and thank you for the short paragraphs. I also liked your call to action at the end.

    A few thoughts for you to make your writing even richer:

    1. What made you select LinkedIn? State this close to the front ... it will make this more personal.

    2. What do you want to get out of LinkedIn? Connect with companies? Network with individuals? What type of individuals?

    3. Who says that "there's no other social media tool on the internet to help students?" Is that your opinion? What makes you say that? It's a good opinion (or fact if there's research to support it). But if it's your opinion, I want to know why.

    Good post - get more specific!

    Perri

    ReplyDelete