Monday, September 24, 2012

Twitter: Beginning Tweets


For the past two years I have had a Twitter account, but have felt too busy and inadequate to start "tweeting". Finally, thanks to this wonderful class, I am taking it more seriously and trying my best to keep up with the ever-growing Twitter world.

To begin, I had to change my password, since it's probably been a year since I've logged in last. After doing so, I began editing my profile. I had fun doing this, it reminded of the days when Facebook was new, and Myspace was still popular. I changed my picture from the default icon, made my first tweet, and followed my first "followee" (?). Now that I have become a little more accustomed to it, I feel like Twitter is going to be so fun!

Another reason that I am really excited to start using Twitter is that many businesses use the website to connect with consumers and relay important information about their company's latest endeavors. ESPN is a great example of how this is being done. The company prioritizes keeping sports fan up-to-date with what is going in the world of sports, and Twitter has modernized the channel's way of doing so. Now people can have reports on their favorite teams while the team is practicing, playing in a competition, or celebrating a huge win.

I'm sure there are still plenty of people out there unwilling to give Twitter a try, but I am one of millions who can vow that it is a great site. Yes, signing up and getting started may seem tedious, but that is just the price one must pay in order to gain access to an amazing forum of current events. And let's not forget, Rome wasn't built in a day.

So if you're reluctant to get on your "Twitter game", I suggest you suck it up and get started. This type of social networking is unlike any other I've ever used.

No comments:

Post a Comment