Sunday, September 16, 2012

Let's do it !!


                

It seems to be natural and necessary for our Social Media Class to have a blog. Setting up a blog is necessary all for the following reasons:

-      By practicing and setting up a Blog it provides an educational opportunity for us to become more familiar with the use and importance of Blogs, both by using it and seeing its functions.  It will also enable us to develop a blog writing style which is necessary for social media and for modern day technology and marketing.

-      Blogging will give us the opportunity to network with one another, therefore giving each of us the ability to share our ideas and insights in order to create the most effective product or idea.


Being an International Student, my goals for this class is to improve my written style in Social Media and Blogs, therefore giving me the opportunity to take full advantage of such an educational, productive, useful and informative tool offered to us in modern day society.

I also hope that the practice and use of Blogs from Social Media will help me to create an active blog for my personal brand one day. By being able to share my ideas and by taking advice from others, a blog networks a product or idea together in order to achieve success.

USAID.png

The blog I am going to follow is USAID’s blog:  http://blog.usaid.gov/. This blog shares the stories of success, failure and mid-course corrections. Its purpose is to connect and educate everyone in order to help reduce world poverty.
 When I interned at USAID in Morocco, I used to follow this blog. It showed me the importance and effectiveness that blogs can have worldwide.


Houda Jabli 

1 comment:

  1. Houda,

    Thank you for your thoughtful post. It is clear that you want to learn and I appreciate that! I also liked that you hyperlinked to the blog that you are going to follow. That helps to create linkage and drive traffic / searchability.

    I want you to work on "lossening up" in your writing. You are not writing a research paper. Write like you would talk!

    Thank you,
    Perri

    ReplyDelete