Monday, September 17, 2012

Blogging Evolution: Why We Should Start Blogging!

Hello, my name is Michael Petruzzella, and I am going to reveal something to you, the reader of this blog something that you would not expect. Sadly, the truth is that this is my first real blog post. I have been on BlogSpot since the spring 2012 semester, but only for my management systems class to post research, that my team had conducted into the management information systems of a certain company. The reason being is that I personally did not believe that there were many benefits in blogging, mainly because none of my friends or people, whom I am close with, wrote or followed blogs. After doing research after our first class together, I realized that if I wanted to really make any kind of mark in my degrees industry, which is Marketing, I would have to start following blogs, and most of all work on my own personal brand.

The reason that it makes sense for our class to have a blog is basically because if we truly want to have a sense of what is going on in the social media world, it is necessary for our class to develop a blog. Blogging to its core is designed to bring together people with similar views, and have them join in conversation, and learn from one another about their shared interests. So for us to have a feel for what the social media world is doing which is forever changing, a class blog can help us stay on top and ahead of moving trends.

What I would like to get out of this blog is an understanding of the correct way to blog and what to look for in blogs you are following, and just to join this whole blogging community. Also I believe that the better blogger I become the more I could build upon my personal brand, which is one of the most important things you could do as someone trying to break through in the business world. So any feedback that I can get from my fellow classmates or our professor will be greatly appreciated.
 
The blog that I have decided to follow is http://marketing-expert.blogspot.com/ or The Marketing Blog. The blog is about what is going on in the Marketing world, as told by the author, Michael Fleischner, who shares his more than 14 year experience in the marketing industry with anyone interested in learning more about marketing or Internet marketing. I chose to follow this blog because it described what I am trying to do while in school and in my everyday life, which is get as much information into the Marketing world that I could get, before I have to go and hit the job market. I hope that this blog could give me the knowledge into understanding this industry that I am developing a huge passion for.
 
-Michael Petruzzella
P.S. Sorry for the late post, I didn't know how to officially get into the blog until our second class.

1 comment:

  1. Michael,

    I like the honesty in your post. Very nice!
    Shorter paragraphs and watch your passive voice. Make your sentences shorter and more active!

    Well done.

    Thanks,
    Perri

    ReplyDelete