Saturday, September 29, 2012

My Brand: The Average NY Fan

Last week, we were given the assignment to create and build our own personal brand.

I began to wonder, "how do I want to be perceived?"

I began the process naming a few things that interest me: music, movies, video games, sports ... wait, stop right there.

Music, movies and video games are intereseting. But I am not nearly as passionate about any of them as I am sports.
  • I go to as many games as possible.
  • I bleed the colors of my favorite teams.
  • I can also talk all day about how this team is better than that team
  • Or how that player is better than this player
I don’t yet have the credentials or experience to go on ESPN and talk sports (I at least need my degree for that).

That's when it hit me. My personal brand is "The Average Fan." My five friends and I are starting a blog named http://tristatefannation.blogspot.com/

We are going to do our own commentary about our favorite teams and how we believe they should be run -- from the average person's perspective.

I started to do research on sport fan blogs for all the teams that I like. Each team had individual blogs and websites. I realized though that there was no blog that discussed all of the NY-area teams.


We want to create a place where fans can go and find out information about their teams and then have their own ideas about the topic be heard by us and other fans following the blog.

I'm not ready yet to talk about how to drive people to the blog - but will in the next few weeks. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Michael,
    I like. I like. And also like that you set up the blog. It looks great. Connect with Craig Luddington in class. He has similar interests in mind.

    Well done. Keep up the good work!

    Perri

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I updated my LinkedIn status and tweeted about your blog:

    Student in my social media class @keanuniversity started "average sports fan" blog about NY / NJ teams. Check it out at ...
    Perri

    ReplyDelete