Monday, October 15, 2012

My Plan to Take Over the Blogging World!

The Ambitious Fashionista... thats who I am.

To be succesfull at anything in life you must always have a plan. I have devised a Social Media Strategy to reach my goals!

Objective: My objective is to create a blog for like-minded girls all over the world to hang out and interact with each other. I hope to get the blog name out to as many women as possble and create awareness through word-of-mouth and other social media tools.

Target Audience: My target audience is girls/women age 18-50 who are in the corporate/business world. I would also target young girls who are breaking into their careers and need advice on fashion, beauty, and work. The type of person reading? Well she is ambitious, fashion-conscious and eager to learn ways to improve on their everyday fashion as well as bringing that fashion to the office, meetings, etc. A "dress for success" type of deal.

Issues/Opportunities: There are many opportunities for this blog. For starters, there aren't many working fashion blogs out there. Secondly, looking for partnerships with other successful groups/teams such as "Dress for Success" would be a great way to get the word out and gain new readers.

Strategies: Social media would be the main way to get new visitors to the blog.

Many social media outlets would be used to get the word out:
  • Chictopia - the leading fashion blogging community that offers fashion inspiration from photos of people in places. This is a great way to get my pictures out there and re-route readers to my personal blog.
  • Facebook - have a fan page with different themes and questions every week of what readers are looking for
  • Twitter - stay up-to-date on promotions of my blog, announce new postings and connect with people all over the world
  • LinkedIn - promote the blog and befriend woemn exectuvies from all over the world
Tactics: My blog would help women all over the world who have problems incorporating fashion into the everyday work office. Also, I would give tips on making fabulous outfits for girls on a tight budget!

Measurement: I would measure success by how many visitors we get per month. Also, Id like to encourage readers to give their opinions on topics that I mention.

Example of a post: this is what I wore to work today:

Dress: Michael Kors Peplum dress (Originally $189, Marshalls for $39.99!!!) Shoes: Dolce Vita (Lord & Taylor sale $78) Forever 21 necklace for $7.99


Tip of the day: Look like a million bucks without actually spending it!

All in all, I would consider my blog to be an extension of my thoughts, style and beauty tips. My fashion girls hang out on sites such as fashionista.com, chictopia.com, etc. I will post and actively communicate with the girls while promoting my blog.

Some of my competitors would be other girls on Chictopia who love fashion. Other competitors would be "Dress for Success bloggers" (unless I become part of this team), other fashion bloggers and online magazines.

In a world where women are increasingly working in corprate america, it is essential that we do not lose our femininity and keep our style while climbing to the top!

Stefy x0ox

3 comments:

  1. Stef ! WOoooW , I really like your Dress . So classy and fashionable .
    Can't wait to discover your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Houda! I`m thinking of continuing my blog from a previous one.. Ill let you know soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you and well done.

    Where else is your target audience "hanging out" online? What web sites? What message boards? What communities? I would love to see your plan include "hanging out with your target audience and building relationships."

    Also ... what about your Pinterest profile? Isn't that about being an ambitious fashionista? Perhaps connect it to your blog?

    Well done.
    Perri

    ReplyDelete