Monday, October 1, 2012

LinkedIn




So I just signed up with the website LinkedIn.  I have heard multiply things about it but never got involved with it. I thought that it was intended and designed for men and women who had a lot of experience on their resume.  But I was wrong about that statement.  LinkedIn is not only for people that have a lot of work experience.  It is intended for anyone and everyone looking to network to find a job or get in contact with a new business contact.  We live in a time where we don’t hand in a piece of paper to a possible job client.  We live in the 21st century where resumes are emailed via worldwide web. 
     LinkedIn allows an individual to:
·      Social Network
·      Show job experience / Education
·      Explore others in similar job field
·      Find potential job
·      Shows job openings
·      Display contact information

I’m hoping by joining LinkedIn it will help me network and find possible job opportunities in the future after I finish getting my business degree at Kean University.  I’m definitely going to look into companies that interest me and that I could possible see myself working at.


John Coviello

1 comment:

  1. John,

    Thank you for your post. A few comments:

    1. Please use the writing style from our reading and class discussions. Next week I am going to start grading your blogs with letter grades. This will count.

    2. What do you specifically want to accomplish on LinkedIn? What kind of job do you want? What groups did you join? Who did you link in with?

    3. Overall, your blog entry is too broad and makes sweeping statements without any personalization or attribution. You may have been on LinkedIn, but based upon your entry, it's not believable. I am expecting more specifics.

    Perri

    ReplyDelete