Monday, October 1, 2012

The Adventourous Foodie

-->
My brand is the adventurous foodie.  Ever since a young age I’ve always been curious and interested in different types of food and culture.  I’ve been in the restaurant industry from the age of 14 and am currently turning 23 and still in the business.  Throughout those years I have developed a pallet and desire to learn more and more about food whether it be street food or fine dining.  A person can find some of the best meals in the most unpredictable places at any given time, it all depends on if the individual is up for the adventure.  I come from an Italian background and have grandparents that came over from Italy to this country.  I love all the different types of pasta, wine, meats and cheese that my culture has to offer.  But my love for food isn’t only in my culture.  I will always try something once because a person cannot be so narrow minded and shallow.

I want to target people who share the same love of food and culture that I have.  The men and woman that wake up in the morning and don’t eat the same thing every morning for breakfast or designate Wednesdays for taco night.  There are some many benefits to getting out of your comfort zone and exploring the endless possibilities.  Being an adventurous foodie allows an individual to:

·      Travel somewhere new and distant
·      Try new recipes and food
·      Drink new wines & beer from different regions of the world
·      Experience a new culture
·      Get a better understanding of other people
·      Broaden horizons
·      Learn to master cooking

A cook, writer, traveler, are all qualities that Anthony Bourdain posses that I find interesting.  He travels the world doing all the bullets that I expressed above.  I idolize his passion for food, cooking and culture.  He has his own show No Reservations where he travels from country to country.  Check his twitter out https://twitter.com/Bourdain to get a better idea of what I’m talking about.  

John Coviello

No comments:

Post a Comment