Sunday, October 21, 2012

How to Make Social Media Work for Me

Strategic way to create a presence online for a SilentCreator


As a full time college senior I surround myself with things I enjoy, with one of them being advertising. There is something about the creativeness that goes into the campaigns that draws me in.

The work and strategy that is put into an advertisement is what I love. I want to further my career in advertising not only in creating successful campaigns but also interacting with other people who have the same interests.

The only way I can interact with people who have the same interest and also build my credibility is by diving into social media channels. My main media channel that I have created is through Twitter where I will micro-blog about advertising!

Objectives: To have a social community where my target audience can express themselves and think creatively about advertising/marketing campaigns.  Where they can create and critique advertisements that are seen throughout the world.

Target Audience:  Targeting advertising junkies. I will target people who have a key interest in advertising and like to share their opinions on different advertising campaigns.

The Issues and Opportunities: Microblogging on Twitter can lead through many opportunities since there are possibilities that my tweets may be retweeted leading in building my credibility.

Strategies: Hang out where my target audience hangs out. That means I will be engaging in conversations in websites such as AdAge or Adweek and hyperlinking my micro-blog so I could drive traffic into my website.

Tactics: Not only is my tactic to build my presence in the advertising industry, it is also to maintain a relationship with my target audience by keeping them engaged. Asking for their opinions once in a while will not cut it. Having them engage in conversations by introducing relevant and current advertising topics will keep them following my every move.
Measurement: My measurement goal here is to increase the amount of Twitter followers, Facebook connections and LinkedIn connections. Relationships are important in not only making but maintaining, making sure I am engaging current fans and followers is critical.

-Matthew Molina
Follow me @MatthewDMolina and on LinkedIn

1 comment:

  1. Matthew,

    Thank you for your post. Unfortunately, this is way too general. Your first two paragraphs are stated as fact when they are your opinion. How can you change that to either substantiate this as fact or write it as if it's your opinion.

    Your target audiences are too broad and your purpose too broad. I liked the idea of targeting "advertising junkies" or "consumers with an edge." Narrow it.

    Also, you must get more specific on how and where you are going to target them. I like the idea of going to key sites and following key sites on Twitter. What are they? How will you participate in those sites? What about the idea of commenting on ad and marketing camnpaigns on Twitter as a first step?

    I am going to give you one more work to get more specific and hold off on a grade. Please send me an email when you have revised this so that I may go back in and grade it.

    Thank you,
    Perri

    ReplyDelete