Monday, October 1, 2012

The Ambitious Fashionista

I would describe myself as the Ambitious Fashionista!!

As so many of us in class have stated that we feel like "jugglers", I, too feel like I have several roles in life that I need to play. Student, full-time employee, entrepreneur, girlfriend, sister, daughter, fashionista, activist... to name a few.


But two aspects of my life that I am extremely passionate about are becoming successful and looking good while doing it.

As a child, my parents instilled in me that your looks are the first thing that people have to judge about you and therefore you want to make sure that you always look good.

And I beleive this to be true; if i see someone coming to an interview looking all disheveled with a wrinkly shirt and stained pants, I immediately think this person must be a slob. And chances are that they are probably brilliant but that intitial look is enough to make him or her lose the job. DONT BE THIS PERSON!

I want to create my blog around:

  • being a young girl who is working her way up the corporate ladder and still cares about fashion
  • planning on giving tips on trends in the fashion world and how to incorporate those trends into everyday office attire


No longer do we live in an era where women need to dress conservative and boring in the office. It's all about expressing yourself and showing your personality (all with taste, of course!)



More and more women are working  than ever before and we all know that a simple suit attire is not the most appealing outfit. According to Forbes.com, men made up 86% of office managers in 1960 and by 2008 the number had plummeted to57%, which means WOMEN ARE TAKING OVER THE WORLD, BWA-HAHA!

It's obvious that women are working more in the office and less at home. I'd like to help women feel better about themselves and give them tips on how to stay on trend and feeling confident.

I loved Perri's idea of teaming up with "Dress for Success" as this would be like a dream come true! Im working on this blog now and hopefully I can give some of the ladies in my class tips on how to dress for that important interview :)

ESTEFANIA XO

1 comment:

  1. Estefania,

    I like your blog entry a lot - especially your core position of being successful and looking good while doing it. What about "feeling good" too? So "being successful and looking and feeling good while you doing it."

    Watch your writing style and format - there's lots of errors in here. Next week, I am going to start grading with the letter grades so having format and grammar will become critical.

    Also, I think that this blog post could be a core piece / writing sample / introduction to your blog or website or bio or whatever - take the time to revise it.

    Finally, how will you drive people to your blog? You need that as part of your plan ... who is your target audience and how will you get them to follow your blog?

    You have lots of ways: Your LinkedIn, your Pinterest (and aligning it to your blog), your Facebook, Twitter, etc.

    Thanks,
    Perri

    ReplyDelete